Sunday, 10 September 2006

Routines

How scary is it that routines are so important to our daily lives. Andy and I were talking about how we each go about the day and how one thing prompts the next. Boring conversation right! All came about after each of the boys had a shower and after 5minutes were all still standing there and hadn't even washed their hair. Yeah, the boys have a time limit in the shower so we can get them all through on one tank of hot water and still have some left over to wash the dishes with. Blah, I'm bored with this topic - very nearly deleted it but then you would have nothing to read, which would probably be way more interesting than this!

Had lots and lots of visitors this weekend - love that, especially watching my boys entertain the little kids that come round, they are so good with them. Andy and Ali took off to the lake and spent the afternoon dodging rain showers. Must have worn them out because Andy was in bed before all the boys tonight and I can hear him snoring from here. Might need another vodka to knock me out so I can go to sleep.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Isn't it great to be getting into those summery, watery things...even if it's only the sport obsessed among us. I've always equated routine with boring but I'm learning (yeah..at 44, late eh) that keeping routines can free us up to do the things we love. I'm a late, slow learner.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what Sandra said. I love routine and hey you can always take a break from it whenever you want.

Penny said...

Routines keep me sane...
and it's find sometimes to break out of them and be spontaneous. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am a routine person and like Janine said you can have litle routine holidays when ever you want...I never used to be a routine person but am now..

Anonymous said...

love routine ... it makes the space for other things (that might be more fun in themselves)