Saturday, 23 September 2006

Happy Birthday Tommy

 
Oh wow, my baby is 9 years old today. Where on earth did that time go? He has had a wonderful day with a party with some of his mates. Unfortunately with it being the start of the school holidays a lot of the boys had gone away. Tommy is not a cake sort of kid and was not at all interested when I called them to the table for his cake. What he didn't know was that his cake is actually a 2litre container of icecream with candles in it. He likes that sort of cake!

I know I have been really slack the past week with updating my blog - sometimes you just gotta take a break. I am going to take a longer break now too. Andy took off to the lake this afternoon with Ali and Nick, while Tommy and I chill out here for the night. We get to gather some groceries tomorrow and meet up with them. There are definitely 2 other families arriving tomorrow too so plenty for the kids and the adults to do.

We will be popping back throughout the next two weeks but I probably won't get a chance to update here. Enjoy your school holidays! Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your icecream cake! *The original icecream cake* ... pure icecream yum!!
Have a great couple of weeks at the lake Lynda. I'm envious of you in the northern climate .. already into *summer* water sports :-)

Michelle said...

Have a great holiday. Love that BDay cake, my boy is the same.

Mel said...

Have a lovely holiday - don't you just love the change of routine?

Penny said...

Icecream = good. 2 litres icecream = even better. hee hee!

Happy birthday Tommy! And you all have a great time at the lake and all. It sounds lovely.

Michelle said...

Have a great time Lynda!!!

I want ice cream cake too! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Love the icecream cake!! Hope you have a relaxing break away.

Mel said...

A big thanks for Iris and Ruby which arrived today - will post it home to K in due course - thanks

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynda, hope you've had a great time away. It was great to bump into you in Auckland. And you are sooooo an enabler. I went around the corner and spent up! LOL. Now I can't wait to use those gorgeous papers. Thanks!!!!