Monday, 4 September 2006

Mini Album

I have been creating a little album for the past several weeks and then got interrupted with CC06. Finally I finished it over the weekend. There are 11 pages in the finished album but I will only share 2 with you.


Yep they are the photos I took when Steve and Marshall came up for the school holidays. The idea for the album came from the Big Picture Scrapping classes I am doing with Donna Downey. I went and selected a whole bunch of paint samples from Bunnings (cos they have the biggest ones). They still weren't quite big enough for my 6x4 pics so I glued them onto white cardstock. Punching holes and adding file rings and there you have a completed album. The most expensive part of the album was the photos. Neat concept eh!

I seem to have so many mini albums around at the moment and have been wondering what to do with them. When I showed Andy this one he suggested I send it down to Steve as a memento of their holiday. LOL, he must have been wondering what on earth I am going to do with all these albums too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! nice to see your big picture scrapping in action LOL
love the quick mini-album. I reckon mini-albums are great for gifts (that's what I do with my mini-albums)

Sandra said...

Cool idea Lynda. I leave mini albums around the house and the (teenage) boys will often look through them and start talking about the event/holiday etc. It's a safer way of talking to them than asking questions LOL.

Anonymous said...

I love it Lynda, I am getting into mini albums as well at the moment...I must ask did you use your little green friend to drill those holes?

Penny said...

Neat idea!
I like paint chips. Something about their 'potential' that grabs my imagination...

Michelle said...

What a neat idea!!

Megan R said...

Great album Lynda!! The paint chips on the front are a great idea!! Man how I wish I had been able to go to CC06, I seriously need a kick in the pants to get some stuff done! Did you know your pic is on Donna Downeys blog wearing her tshirt??