Tuesday, 5 September 2006

Good times

Yesterday after school has to have been one of the best afternoons we have had for a long time. My boys all really gelled together. They got on. They helped each other. They asked when they wanted something, and when one was being annoying and asked to stop they did. Ali and Nick locked themselves away and timed each other with their speeches that are coming up. It really was a pleasurable day and caused Andy and I to both comment on it. I hate it when they fight and pick on each other, it really hurts! This afternoon was nearly as good but we did have a few words. I hope all this lovely weather is bringing about a lovely change in my boys, man we could be in for an awesome summer!

In other news we finally got the septic tank emptied today - geeze that has to be the crappiest job out - yuck!!! Such a relief to have it all gone and to learn a bit about how they work - quite clever really.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Boys gelling, that happens not to often here either :) Thanks for the link to :)

Sandra said...

Isn't it great when it goes well. Good to remember it can happen...occasionally LOL
Rather you than me on the septic tank front.

Penny said...

I trust the number of times it happens will increase with their maturity :0 That's what happened to us 3 siblings.

Roo said...

I hope the good boy behaviour continues.

Lara said...

phew for empty septic tanks! Hope my children will get to the stage when they 'get on'!

Anonymous said...

been reading about sibling rivalry today (thinking about my relationships with my own two brothers) ... and it's freaky how well and how *not* siblings get along. I'm surprised how often it happens that siblings just do not gel ... how can that be???

Sharon said...

Yes - I bet the septic tank was a crappy job LOL!