Friday, 1 September 2006

First day of Spring

or is it? I have been having a discussion with a couple of fellow bloggers and the term "vernal equinox" has risen it's ugly head. I tried to give an explanation of my interpretation of what it is and ended up thoroughly confused. Somehow you can't get hand movements and facial expressions to convert into the written word very well. So I reverted to Google and found a whole bunch on "vernal equinox(es)". I learned quite a bit, equinox happens in Spring and Autumn and a solstice is what happens with Summer and Winter - exciting huh??

Been trying to find Fathers Day presents for the boys to give Andy. What do you get a guy that just goes and gets what he wants 2 days before the big event? I don't know either, so he can get the old standby - socks and pjs. Still the router he went and bought is probably much better than I could ever have chosen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, I am having the same problem with David's present for Richard....if he wants something he goes out and gets it...I have got his favourite 72% dark chocolate as a standby and not sure what else to get him...

Lara said...

I just didn't get dh anything - he's not my dad! The kids can make him a card & we'll give him bf in bed!

Sent my dad a card.

Anonymous said...

LOL first of the month works for me!! ('cause it's easier to remember than anything else) :lol:

Penny said...

yeah - my DH informed me it wasn't spring until the VE, but hey, I'm still enjoying this change of season weather.