Sunday, 17 September 2006

Catching up

Yesterday was a wonderful day, although I couldn't believe it when I woke at 6.30 when I could have slept in. Ali was a huge help to me in getting the boat all organised and his bag packed for an overnighter. Tommy was a lazy little poop and couldn't even get the change of clothes for the birthday party he had that afternoon despite me asking him 3 times if he had them - grrrr!

Towing the boat was not the big deal that I was worrying about. I think it is about the third time I have had to tow it now and although I won't admit it too loudly in case Andy hears it was quite a cruisy drive (shhh Kathryn!).

With all the rain that we had last week there had been a huge landslide at the lake right where our caravan was supposed to park, just as well it wasn't already there, otherwise the awning would have been squashed. Luckily Craig was coming up with a big digger anyway to distribute some topsoil and flatten out the bumpy bits and could very quickly move the damage. We had to leave before he was completely finished but Andy tells me although everything is very muddy at the moment it is all very level so tripping up in the middle of night now will be a result of the quantity of alcohol consumed instead of the lumpy ground - darn lost another excuse!

So two caravans are now at the lake, it was wonderful catching up there with friends again, I really didn't want to leave, but the lure of the empty house was too great. Today we have made Tommy's invitations for his birthday next week, been to the dump and done the groceries. Tommy was soooo bored and managed to talk me into letting him on my computer so I did a bit more scrapping and have nearly finished Nick and Ali's today you albums.

Read some blogs and came across Melody Ross I really like and admire the way this woman is so open on her blog. One of her favourite topics seems to be relationships and marriage - hers in particular. Her honesty in revealing the warts and all is so refreshing and really made me think twice about a lot of things in my life and marriage. At the moment she is compiling a book of letters to her children about marriage and how it isn't all fun and games and requires a lot of work to be successful and happy. I am getting all inspired and thinking seriously about writing down some of our history and what I have learned. Who knows one day the boys might appreciate it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend Lynda. Wow at Melodys blog, there was some interesting reading in that.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! :)

Sandra said...

Very inspired by your idea of writing down marriage/relationship stuff. Might go visit this blog. Eciting stuff getting a caravan set up. The promise of good times to come.

Penny said...

So glad the caravan wasn't squashed!

It's interesting the perceptions one has about marriage before the fact. It's good to be honest about it with your kids so they can benefit from your experience. I know I relied heavily on my folks before I got married to be confident I was doing the "right thing" in terms of getting married.