Sunday, 20 August 2006

A scrap room.

I don't know how it has happened, but since returning home from CC, my scrapping stuff seems to have tripled in mass. Now I really didn't buy that much, but with all the finished and half finished projects and all the class packs, plus my bit of shopping there just doesn't seem to be much room anymore. I mentioned this to DH as I thinned through the book shelf to try and find more room. "You need your own room", he says. My God, I nearly fell over, woohoo, he gets it, now we can do the extensions and I can get an 'art room' just like Karens, and I can have lots of shelving units and desks to spread out all over. "Yeah", he continues, "it's always gonna be a mess, and then you can just close the door on it". Oops, major deflation!

Andy took the boys over to the lake today and Ali and Nick both had a few skis. I got to stay home and potter round. I started to really look at how I could utilise the space I have a lot better than now. Trouble is everywhere I look we have stuff. I am thinking that my project over the next few weeks is to start going through things and decluttering. Didn't think we had very much stuff after all the shifts we have done, I guess it looks more cluttered now because we are in a much smaller house than the last 2 have been

Some other really good news! I have been wearing a singlet only all day today! Woohoo! Yeah, that means summer is on the way, cos I don't wear singlets in the cold weather. Don't get frightened away Summer, keep on coming - we are ready now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah! that's so cool! how big and when and ... that is WONDERFUL!!

Sharon said...

Sounds promising! And roll on summer I say!

Anonymous said...

Yay for you about your own Scrapping Room, that sounds awesome....hey if he backs down he will have all of us to deal with....hee hee. I know what you mean about stuff from Wellington everytime i look at the stuff i need to finish unpacking it keeps on multiplying - Cheers, Debs

Sandra said...

Get it in writing Lynda. LOL. As for a singlet..I'm still in thermals!! You are either very brave of the north is truely 'winterless'.

Penny said...

I am soooooooo ready for summer. The buds on the plum trees are about to come out so that gives me hope! The air has a certain springish smell to it too.

I'm with you on the "stuff" aspect. I can't believe how much we've accumulated since we got the house in 2000. And now we're adding another baby to it. [shakes head in disbelief] We so need a scrapping/sewing/computer/photography room.

Ignore the "shutting door" comment and concentrate on the first bit LOL!