Tuesday, 25 July 2006

Walk

Had a reassessment at the gym this morning which went reasonably well, my lean body mass is going up which has to be good. Interesting thing was that the fat measurement on my hip has almost doubled - made her recheck it 3times cos I didn't think my jeans were that tight. Seems my measurement in early July last year was the exact same thing so that is obviously where I store excess fat over the winter months! Bring on some warm weather now please. I am ready.

My weight had also gone up which wasn't such a good thing. Went over what I am eating and we really couldn't pinpoint anything. Working out on the cross trainer a bit later I suddenly thought I know what it is - my glass or two of bubbles every night. So, figured tonight I might try and do without the bubbles for a bit and see what that does for my weight.

Picked up a leaflet for the 10km Round the Mountain fun run/walk coming up on 6 August. I have often looked at those and thought about doing one, this time I thought very quickly and went online and registered. I will be walking and very definitely not running.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the weight and the walk on the 06th. I know what it is like trying to lose weight and it fluctuating...Debs

Penny said...

You are brave :) Wave to my in-laws as you go by... they live in sight of the mountain.

Who would've thought those little bubbles weighed so much! ;)

Sandra said...

Good on you for the committment to exercise Lynda. I could do with some of it rubbing off on me.

Anonymous said...

good on you for signing up immediately!
let us know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lynda. You'll love it and will soon be doing heaps more.