Monday, 17 July 2006

Tests

Went and had the mammogram today which wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting. A bit uncomfortable, but OK. Also did an ultrasound and according to the radiographer he couldn't see anything untoward. A report will be sent to my doctor tomorrow after a second opinion, but all is looking good. Still don't know what the lump is, but I guess the doc will work on that one now. A huge relief and now I feel like a dork being so worried and worrying everyone else. Thanks for all the support.

6 comments:

Penny said...

Don't feel like a dork... it is better to be safe than sorry!

Maybe it's just a benign cyst. I've heard of that happening a few times among my circle of online & real life friends.

I'm glad it looks like it will be okay though.

Anonymous said...

Yay ... good to hear. And never feel like a dork for taking care of yourself! Better to know now than wonder for a few more weeks or months.

Roo said...

Glad that things are sounding positive. Nothing dorky at all about being concerned and sharing it here with friends :-)

Unknown said...

Good on you for actually getting it checked so important. Hope your second opinion comes back quick.

Lynda said...

Thanks guys :)

Anonymous said...

Lynda

As the others said its better you got it checked and sorted. I agree it's better to be safe than sorry. Hope you did something nice for yourself afterwards.