Tuesday, 27 June 2006

Workout.

Today has been a me day getting lots of bit and pieces done. We have just had one of those PowerPlate shops open in town where you stand on this machine in a squat and it vibrates like crazy. Apparently it contracts the muscles heaps and is the equivalent of an hour long workout. Anyway they have a free introductory session so I figured I would give it a go - wow, I can't believe how puffed I got just standing still and tightening various muscles. I can even feel the familiar tired ache of worked out muscles too, so it must work. Hmm, maybe combining that with the gym might be a bit of overkill.

Headed into Whitcoulls again (can't keep away from there lately), and picked up a leaflet on NZ Book Month. No giveaways, but they have excerpts of 25 books written by NZ authors. They are in the middle of judging at the moment and the top 6 will be sold in Whitcoulls. You get the opportunity to read these and pick your own top 6.

I have also made the decision about going back to work, and figured I don't really want to lose the freedom that I currently have unless it means I am working for us in a business of our own. To that end, opportunities keep cropping up and we are actively pursuing a couple of different things at the moment. So even though I am not going to work immediately things are definitely heading towards that way and the opportunity has got us thinking and talking in that direction again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about squatting and vibrating in a shop! Was it *that* public?
I picked up the Whitcoulls best six brochure too. I understand *the six* can be purchased for $6 in NZ writers week (mid-September to mid-October) ... I love reading NZ writers.

Penny said...

LOL at Karen's comment! ;)

Good luck with the business venture stuff!

Lynda said...

LOL Karen, nah not really public, only other users can see you and you are wearing your normal clothes. I tell ya though that really works cos my muscles are sure rebelling today.