Sunday, 18 June 2006

Quotes

I am loving these quotes that Rhonna is coming up with for art journal challenge. My challenge at this stage is to do something creative every day. So far, I am managing to keep up and even better I am using some of my stash and trying really hard to use different techniques as I go.

Mel mentioned about the Whitcoulls list a while ago and I put my favourite books on her blog. One of the books that kept being mentioned there was The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Everyone was raving about it, so I added it to my list of books to read. Oh my goodness what a tear jerker! Geeze, I don't think I had even read 4 pages before the first tears started pricking. A great book and very well written but boy you need to have a tissue handy and don't read it round the kids unless you want to tell them why you are cying every 2 seconds!

Tommy is at a birthday party this afternoon and Andy & I have spent the day cutting down the huge leaves off the banana palms and taking them to the tip. A huge job that has needed doing for a while. Now, I think I am going to go an relax in the spa pool with a glass of bubbles. Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep borrowed that book from someone earlier this year. Cried a lot too!! LOL
Janine said the other day she had her Whitcoulls voucher from providing her fav books on the website ... have you received your voucher yet??? Can't wait to go book shopping (I got vouchers for my birthday too so will have plenty of choice!)

Penny said...

I'm too scared to read that book... think it would creep me out! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Such a good read huh?! I loved it too.