Monday, 9 July 2007

Ice skating Fun

 Wow, awesome way to fill in some time over the school holidays. Took the boys over to Botany Downs this afternoon for the late session of ice skating. I had been umming and ahhing all day and finally decided to have a go too. So pleased I did. I had a ball and I haven't seen the boys so excited and happy and enjoying each others company so much for a long time. My legs now ache all over and I know exactly where every part of my calf muscle is attached to my leg! According to the boys I skated like a "nana" (no offense Mum if you are reading this), but "I" didn't fall over and my butt isn't all bruised! I demonstrated the windmill manoeuvre I managed to perfect to Andy tonight and discovered sore arms too, so I guess I did that a fair bit too. And now I am off to soak in the spa pool!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sharlene Meyer said...

heiLooks like great fun! Enjoy soaking in the spa

Anonymous said...

what a fun arvo you had and what better way to end the day with than a spa.

Anonymous said...

I notice there are no photos of you skating! LOL

Roo said...

Sounds like a fun time was had. Great that you found something that you and the boys all enjoyed. Love how you perfected the windmill manoeuvre lol

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

Sharon said...

Sounds cool (sorry for the pun!). I am skating challenged so skating like a nana would be a step up for me!!

Jenny said...

It sounds like a really fun day - great when the kids aren't bickering

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for a soothing after-skating spa :)

Penny said...

I'd be skating on me nose! LOL! Go you :-)

Anonymous said...

oh well done on getting some photo's of the boys skating, sounds like you had an awesome time!