Wednesday, 1 November 2006

Quiet

It is very quiet at our house at the moment. Nick left this morning on a school trip down to Auckland. They are gone for 2nights and get to enjoy all sorts of things such as the Zoo, ice skating, Rainbows End, and Waiwera thermal pools on the way home. He was so excited and upset both at the same time last night. He was really going to miss his family. That was a real 'aha' moment for me because I figured he couldn't wait to go - I was definitely looking forward to losing all the fighting for a couple of nights.

Tommy has been a real lost soul all afternoon and is really quite bored already without his brother to tell him off and annoy him and thump him at least a dozen times in the space of an hour. I know Nick will have a wonderful time, but we also want him to come back soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww .. that's nice that he's gonna miss you. I bet when he comes back he's so full of the fun he had that he's quite forgotten that he missed you ...

Anonymous said...

funny how they drive each other batty but actually miss the other when not there :-)

I always used to feel a bit sad about going away from my family too. Most of the time it was fine once I was involved in the activities.