Tuesday, 10 October 2006

My son is a geek (in the nicest possible way)

I am convinced now - Tommy is a geek! This kid came home from school today super excited because he had homework to do. Some reading that he didn't have time to do in class and some math stuff that he actually asked the teacher for. He finished his workbook and told her it was too easy and could he please have some harder stuff so he could do it tonight! Man I nearly fell off my chair when he told me that. I don't know anyone who would ask their teacher for math homework!!! And I am writing this here because he won't read it and then I can't pass my hatred of that subject onto him.

I have been playing with my scrapping supplies today working on the circle journal that we are doing with the glam girls, lots of fun. I also purchased a small cupboard from Briscoes which perfectly fits in my 12x12 papers, still a bit more sorting out to do and I really need some of those paper holders. Last week when I was in Auckland by myself I did the rounds of the scrapping stores and made a few more purchases. I thought I was very restrained but there are so many gorgeous new lines out there. I also managed to catch up with Lianne at the store she is working at now Scrappin Downunder and managed to check out the new Bohemia range that they have. Wow the layouts that Lianne has done with this range look even more stunning in real life than they do on her blog.

The final store I visited I was browsing the shelves and heard this lady talking about her new baby, turned around and there was Trina with a very contented looking Daniel. He is such a cutie and such a laid back little guy who was quite happy to sit there while Trina had a good look round. It was great to catch up with both these ladies and to have a chance to congratulate them in person for making the new Design Team for Up 2 Scrap, the Kiwi scrapping mag.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dislike maths too...

Can u post a pic of the cupboard? I'm going to have to pack up my stuff at the end of the year for a bit while the new baby is in our room. Thinking I need a better storage system..

Michelle said...

I hated Maths with a passion too but in highschool I had to do Maths and Additional MAths! YIKES~

Be sure to post photos of your layout girl!! Can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

yeah I am with you on the maths! But go ds for being a geek in a nice way.....Shopping for storage and scrapping supplies is always fun. It's fantastic to put faces to names.

Anonymous said...

OMG, glad Tommy is into his homework! That is really cool. And according to my DH I'm a geek (a scrapbooking geek) so I'll proudly hold that title with him. LOL! Just wish it could have been in maths at school! I was atrocious! LOL.

Jenny said...

Maths is COOL!