Friday, 23 March 2007

 
Aren't these flowers just beautiful, I love those bright orange gerbras! These are the flowers that my bloke gave me on my birthday - he still can't believe he got away so lightly. I don't know what he is on about, saying that I am hard to buy for. Um, I think the list is endless but flowers well that topped the lot. Unfortunately they don't look quite as fresh anymore which is why I figured I would share the pic now so I could see them again :-)

Do you remember the gerbras that used to be around when we were kids? Mum used to plant them and I didn't particularly like them back then. I am sure they weren't as big and meaty as these suckers are though. And the colours weren't as bright as what you can get now either. Maybe they have stuffed them all full of growth hormone or something - oh well, I still love gerbras :-)

Happy Birthday to my little sister who is going through a really hard time at the moment. Be strong girl, you have a huge support network and you will get to the other side with a bit of help from your friends. Hmm that sounds a bit Beatlesish really doesn't it. My mind is jumping from one thing to the next here maybe I need another glass of bubbles to settle things down a bit.

What a good idea.

Later

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful flowers indeed. Now have another glass of bubbles.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous flowers and bubbles too - sounds good to me :)

Anonymous said...

bubbles sound good ;) and love those orange gerberas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers...and warm birthday wishes for your sister...and to make her day more special just drop by my blog on Birthday Celebrations sometime for all the amazing ideas and resources!!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous flowers. I love receiving flowers.

Michelle said...

Oooh.. love the flowers!!! Just beautiful!

Penny said...

great colours aren't they :)