Thursday, 11 October 2007

Lake Tahoe and Plans

 Leaving you with a pic of Mt Tallac the highest point round here of around 9500feet. The snow has all melted now and although the temps never got over 6degrees today we are hopeful of getting out tomorrow and heading south. We had thought of going to Mammoth but with that being at 8000 feet we are not sure. Andy is not finding the altitude very comfortable. We will see how he copes as we drive through tomorrow. Otherwise we will head straight for Death Valley which is 120 feet below sea level. From one extreme to the other! And the temperatures will be right up there too, back to shorts and singlets instead of jeans and sweatshirts.

Nick asked a question tonight just before we got cut off about what Kathryn and I were doing while the exhaust was being changed over. We were sitting down with our feet on the old air filter bits. Yep, he had to change that over too and put on the K&N stuff! I don't know - boy stuff - all I know is it is going to take a lot of handbag shopping to catch up!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Lol Lynda at hadnbag shopping! You have soon lovely photos and such an interesting trip - I'm enjoying reading it and seeing the photos.

Sandra said...

Hi Lynda. Glad to hear you are having such a good time. Like Jenny, I am really enjoying seeing your photos and reading your commentary.
Cheers

Roo said...

Loving all the updates and pics. Sounds like Andy and you are having an absolute blast.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I love all those fabulous photo's and updates on your trip! I have read books about Lake Tahoe, it looks lovely! We will miss you tommorrow! Keep having a fab time, my puter has been back at the shop until yesterday so I have only just got around to checking my bloglines, lots of blogs to check lol!
Tracy

Penny said...

I the your handbag needs a friend. Of the handbag type.

Love all this travelogue. So interesting!

Angela said...

You're doing a great job keeping us informed, sounds like you are having a great time.