Tuesday, 30 May 2006

Scrapcamp Projects

Wow, what an awesome weekend. We laughed, and talked, scrapped and shopped, ran through the rain and got to know each other, we did everything to excess, except sleep. I was very tired when I finally got home. Stopped off at Auckland to spend Sunday night with Mum after I kept losing concentration - a very pleasant interlude. Was wonderful to get home again though and give all my boys a cuddle. Funny how I was so looking forward to getting away from them and when I do, I can't wait to see them again!

Yolande and Lianne did such a wonderful job organising this weekend which was really evident by the way everything ran like clockwork - huge effort guys, I am so pleased I made the effort and came down.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This layout was done in the class taken by Wendy. I love the simplicity of the layout and the techniques she taught us on how to create our own chipboard embellishments. I can see me using this format a lot in upcoming projects.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Next up is the layout that Nic taught. This is probably my favourite of the weekend, I love Nic's style and the simplicity of the layout made to look even more stunning by the very simple techniques of inking the edges of the paper and then rolling the paper in places, so cool and the colours are just perfect.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This last layout is what I created out the challenge pack that we were given 24 hours in which to create something. I was panicking to start with as the papers are not something I would normally choose to use. This eventually came together and I am really happy with the result. The boys even like the layout which really surprised me with all the flowers and butterflies in it.

4 comments:

Penny said...

These are great Lynda! You did an excellent job and sounds like everyone had fun :) It must have been interesting/challenging/exciting to be in such a "perculator" atmosphere devoted to scrapping...

Anonymous said...

What great projects you turned out! I can't believe there were so many different versions of that challenge pack ... and that whenever I see one on a blog (after) I'm again surprised at the variety of responses! I wish I'd taken more time to look at all the layouts at scrapcamp ... too busy scrapping (and all those other excesses!)

Mel said...

Isn't it wonderful to come away from Scrapcamp having not only had a great time but alsohaving made such wonderful layouts. Be very proud of these - they are great!

Yolande said...

Was so awesome to finally meet you Lynda and these layouts are great.