Friday, 19 May 2006

Detention

Well that took forever creating a header pic and swapping all my links over and still a bit of mucking around to do. Sorry if I worried anyone with my comments yesterday, it was not meant to sound like that and everything is fine :-)

Ali came home from school on Wednesday and announced that his whole class had a detention the next day because someone farted in the corridor and no one would own up. Come on, it is a boys school! We were even more astounded when we found out it was the science teacher who was giving the detention - wouldn't that have led into a lesson plan on making smells etc! Yesterday he said the one of the boys paid another kid $2 to own up and take the blame. The kid who took the blame was told not to do it again and they all got off the detention except for the one who paid the $2 and didn't turn up! I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere.

This time next week I will be halfway to Rotorua for Scrapcamp - can't wait, but freaking out about all the homework that I should be doing in the way of getting photos etc organised. Must stop playing cards and mucking around with this blog and get ready. Someone mentioned the Polynesian Spa to me the other day and I am wondering whether I will have time to squeeze that into the weekend. Sounds delightful.

7 comments:

Delys said...

Lol @ the fart in the corridor! Boys will be boys and what a total overeaction by the teacher!
Cool flowers for mothers day you did!

Mel said...

What a laugh!

Love your new blog and I've updated the link to you on mine!

Yolande said...

WOW can't wait to see you at camp.. don't stress on the homework thing... when you are camp you will relax and enjoy and the scrapping in secondary really! Promise its going to be loads of fun. So travel safe and we will see you in 7 sleeps time! Yahay!

Anonymous said...

How funny to be bribed to admit to farting!! At home Ken blames the cat (we don't have one).

Kirsty said...

Hi Lynda, thought I should come out of lurking! I'm so looking fwd to driving up to ScrapCamp too from Wgtn with Wendy - looking fwd to meeting everyone. Too right - I'm hoping to go find a spa at some point too. Can't go all that way to Rotovegas and not go have a soak in the spas up there. See you next week.

lianne said...

See you at camp Lynda. Hhmmm have to check out that Spa maybe.

Penny said...

Now I know why my feed reader wasn't picking up any posts from you... aha! Found you again.

What a bizarre reaction to a fart for goodness sakes! Somebody's got a control problem I'd say!

Have fun at camp. Polynesian spa is nice (getting a bit expensive these days but lovely treat). Have fond memories of the place with an ex-boyfriend [ahem ...and no I'm not telling LOL!] My folks went to the Hells Gate spa associated with the tourist venue and had a lovely massage and mud pack thing there.