Friday, 1 June 2007

Shopping Expeditions

I have had a new experience in shopping over the last 2 days. My cousin and her family have been up from Hawkes Bay while they farewelled their oldest daughter who is off to London on her OE. Bis sister gone and we were free to shop. Kate has just turned 18 and being let loose in the shopping malls of Auckland were heaven to her. I have been into so many shops that I haven't even seen before. What an experience shopping with a girl rather than boys! We looked at everything, then we tried on selected outfits and then we finally settled on something. Oh the walking we did in between all these times! So much fun though, I told Kate as she was leaving that she was welcome to come and stay any time she wanted to and we would hit the shops together.

I have been quietly chuckling away to myself tonight after Nick decided to make Andy a cup of tea. He brought the cup in and said to him you have to watch for the black things I don't know how to get rid of them! We use tea leaves in the teapot and Nick had forgotten to use the teapot and just spooned the tea directly into the cup. Andy's description was it was just like drinking miso soup with lots of tea! Too funny! I think tea making lessons will be happening in our house tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

laughing at the miso soup comment. Hmmm funny how boys think lol. The shopping sounded like fun.

Sandra said...

Yes Lynda. I hve learnt shopping with girls is very diffierent. Wait till your boys are older and you can shop with their girlfriends/partners/wives. It becomes really special. As for the tea story...what a hoot. I guess thats how they make their milo!!!

Sharon said...

LOL - clearly some staff training needed in the tea making dept :)

Anonymous said...

LOL at the tea!
And what fun shopping :)

Penny said...

mmmmm tea with attitude (or fibre or with crunch)!!

I shall look forward to the girly shopping togetherness! ;-)